Get excited about international relations
Learn from world-class international relations tutors
Get the Oxford experience
In Oxford | 15-18 Year Olds
Experience Debate & Public Speaking
In Oxford | 15-18 Year Olds
Experience International Relations, Politics & Debate
Live Online | 12-14 Year Olds
Politics & Debate
This course will enable you to explore politics, international relations and systems of government. Along the way, you’ll practise your debating skills, writing speeches and debating with your peers about political ideas that interest you. You’ll leave the course with more confidence in your public speaking abilities and with a greater understanding of government and politics.
On this course, you’ll:
- Practise debating and public speaking
- Learn about key ideas in political theory
- Understand how countries work together in international organisations
- Be “Prime Minister for a day” and make a plan for tackling issues you care about
Live Online | 15-18 Year Olds
International Relations, Politics & Debate
To further develop your debating and public speaking skills, you’ll discuss:
- International Law and Organisations, such as the UN, NATO and the WHO
- Political theory
- Diplomacy and crisis management
- Revolutions and political change
Students from up to 85 different nationalities chose to experience our international relations courses last year:
9 out of 10 said our international relations summer courses were one of the most memorable summers of their life
9 out of 10 said that our high school summer international relations courses gave them greater certainty about their future direction
94% of students said they had a greater certainty over their future academic and career choices
Why choose one of our Oxford International Relations summer school programmes?
The Best Courses
We’ve designed our high school summer international relations courses to stimulate, stretch and challenge you – regardless of your existing subject knowledge.
The Best People
Your international relations course will be taught by tutors that are current or former students and faculty of world-class institutions such as Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
Your Future Success
Our international relations summer school is designed to help you discover, experience and prepare for a successful future personally, academically and professionally.
Get the Oxford Experience
You’ll be taught international relations on the prestigious Oxford University campus, where many world-famous figures in the field began their own career journeys.
RadhiyyaDiscover Technology Academy, 2019
My two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were two of the best weeks of my life. It was an amazing experience and I made some great friends that I know I will stay in touch with for a very long time.
Abdul RahmanExperience Medicine Academy, 2019
My son, Alexander, truly enjoyed his experience. He was academically and intellectually challenged while also making friends from around the world. We highly recommend this summer program.
RichardParent, Oxford Scholastica Academy
Those two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about through this programme. Classes were very interesting and I loved how the tutor made the classes very interactive!
RaviExperience Law Academy, 2017
The Law course was challenging but extremely rewarding, as it assured me that it was the path I wanted to choose at university. The Oxford Scholastica community also leaves you with an excellent support network even after the summer school. Overall, the summer school was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone.
LinaExperience Law Academy, 2019
I absolutely loved my Oxford Scholastica experience! I definitely recommend it to anyone who either knows what they’re doing and want better preparation, or even students who have no idea who they want to be when they grow up! I was both at some point and Oxford Scholastica filled that gap for me. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!
SalmaOnline Law course, 2021
I attended the Oxford Scholastica Academy in 2018. And I can genuinely say it was the best summer of my life. Not only were we exposed to different subjects and courses but also so many different cultures and people. I hope I can go back!
PruthaDiscover Business Academy, 2018
Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to the Oxford Scholastica Academy.
MubasherParent, Oxford Scholastica Academy
The friendships I made will last me a lifetime. Oxford Scholastica taught me many life lessons that I will keep with me until I die.
DouwExperience Business & Enterprise Academy, 2017
I’ve never done anything like this; Oxford Scholastica has exceeded my expectations and I am glad to have made valuable memories with it, which I will cherish forever!
MariamExperience Business & Enterprise Academy, 2018
Oxford Scholastica has had a profound impact on my skills as a debater and student and is an experience I’d recommend to anyone looking for an educational, engaging summer adventure.
SophieExperience Debate & Public Speaking Academy, 2018
For the second year in a row my daughter had an unforgettable summer break in the magical setting of Oxford! A fascinating course with an untold amount of fun things to do. Oxford Scholastica has undoubtedly been one of the best experiences my daughter has ever had.
MariaParent, Oxford Scholastica Academy, 2020
What You’ll Get From Our International Relations Courses
Our international relations summer courses are a perfect introduction to global affairs. Prepare for your future success by joining one of our fully-accredited international relations courses. We will:
- Help you decide whether a career in international relations is the right choice for you, and introduce you to the wide variety of career options available in this field
- Give you the opportunity to be taught by subject experts so you can see what it’s like to study international relations at university
- Give you an insider’s view of international relations through our Hero sessions, where you’ll meet someone who has built a successful career in the international relations field
- Give you hands-on experiences, where you test your leadership skills by taking on the role of a UN Diplomat
- Explore many topics – such as the role of global institutions, the key features of democracies, global financial crises, and many more
- Help you choose the international relations degree for you, and show you how to prepare a strong application
- Invite you to take part in a simulation UN Security Council
- Give you the chance to build an international network of fellow students and join our community of Oxford Scholastica Academy alumni
- Enable you to graduate when you’ve successfully completed your international relations course – you’ll attend a formal Graduation Ceremony held at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School
Get an Authentic University Experience
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford's #1 rated summer school and online programmes.