We have put together this page to answer any COVID-19 questions parents and students have about attending our residential summer school in Oxford.
We continue to offer safe and flexible booking options for summer 2023, to provide reassurance for families.
While many other summer programmes closed during the pandemic, we were one of the only summer schools in the UK to run in both 2020 and 2021. With the impact of COVID-19 reduced after a widespread UK vaccination programme, we successfully completed our largest ever COVID-secure summer school in 2022.
We are looking forward to welcoming a record number of students to Oxford in Summer 2023!
We have received the “Good to Go” accreditation (Visit England’s industry standard), confirming that we adhere to government and industry COVID-19 guidelines to keep students safe and well – you can view our certificate here.
This page contains the latest information, including:
- The fact that Oxford Scholastica is open for bookings
- The flexibility we offer for bookings
- Information about Oxford Scholastica Online, our virtual summer school option
One of the reasons students choose to come to Oxford is that the city is famous for its academia and research. Oxford is a centre for medical research, led by pioneering medical companies and university researchers. For example, Oxford played a vital role in the development of penicillin in the 1940s. We are proud the city of Oxford has been at the centre of COVID-19 research, with researchers successfully developing a vaccine.
Many students who attend Oxford Scholastica are inspired to work in fields of research to help push our understanding of medicine, science and innovation further. It’s through this work that countries and citizens are better protected against illness than ever before.
(Updated 13th December 2022)
We recently completed our largest ever summer school, with hundreds of students joining us in Oxford from around the world.
After the successful and widespread vaccination programme in the UK, the COVID risks have been significantly reduced. We were happy to be able to offer a full programme, with no changes to the summer school required.
For our 2023 programme, we estimate we are likely to be fully booked in early 2023 (we were fully booked by the spring for our 2022 programme, with 2,500 students on our waiting list).
Even though the impact of COVID-19 has been minimised, we recognise some parents may be uncertain about booking, so we are continuing our flexible COVID booking policy.
When booking a spot in our 2023 Oxford summer programme, you can expect:
- Free deferrals to future years, or moving your booking to an online course, up until 1st May 2023
- Free postponements to another date in 2023 until 1st June 2023
- COVID-secure Oxford University campus buildings with private rooms (with en suite bathrooms) for all students (we have a limited number of twin rooms available on request)
Is the Oxford Scholastica Academy open?
Yes – we have received lots of bookings for summer 2023 and are looking forward to welcoming a record number of students.
Can I take an online course instead?
Yes, you can – we run a virtual summer school, Oxford Scholastica Online, which you can read more about here.
Can I change my booking?
Yes – for summer school 2023 bookings made after 15th August 2022 we offer:
- Free deferrals to future years up until 1st May 2023
- Free postponements to another date in 2023 until 1st June 2023 (for example, if you are booked on our 2nd July 2023 session you are welcome to change this to the 30th July 2023 session. This depends on availability but we will always do our best to help)
- You can also move your booking to one of our online courses as long as you let us know by the 1st May 2023
There will be no charge to move your booking.
Will I share a bedroom?
If you have any questions about COVID-19, or any other issue, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we would be delighted to help.
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford's #1 rated summer school and online programmes.