Having successfully run COVID-secure summer schools in both 2020 and 2021, we are looking forward to welcoming students to Oxford in Summer 2022!
You can see some photos of our COVID-safe summer school below.
This page contains the latest information, including:
- The fact that Oxford Scholastica is open for bookings
- The flexibility we offer on cancellations or changes
- Information about Oxford Scholastica Online, our virtual summer school option
One of the reasons students choose to come to Oxford is that the city is famous for its academia and research. Oxford is a centre for medical research, led by pioneering medical companies and university researchers. For example, Oxford played a vital role in the development of penicillin in the 1940s. We are proud the city of Oxford has been at the centre of COVID-19 research, with researchers successfully developing a vaccine.
Many students who attend the Oxford Scholastica Academy are inspired to work in fields of research to help push our understanding of medicine, science and innovation further. It’s through this work that countries and citizens are better protected against illness than ever before.
(Updated 7th April 2022)
With the UK Government increasingly confident the new Omicron variant is milder than first thought, we are very confident that the Oxford Scholastica Academy will be open for summer 2022, especially given our experience as one of the only summer schools to have been open to international students in both 2020 and 2021.
While it’s possible that the UK Government may implement some additional rules, they have stated their intention to take a proportionate approach to COVID-19, and their general approach is to remove legal restrictions related to the pandemic as far as possible.
You can read more here. Please note, this is the UK government advice, and we recommend also checking your own country’s guidance as well in case there are separate travel restrictions that will apply to your return home.
Is the Oxford Scholastica Academy open?
Yes – we have received lots of bookings for summer 2022 and are looking forward to welcoming students.
Can I take an online course instead?
Yes, you can – we run a virtual summer school, Oxford Scholastica Online, which you can read more about here.
How well prepared is Oxford Scholastica?
Our students’ welfare is incredibly important to us, and our policies and procedures have been accredited by the British Accreditation Council, so when you book with us you can feel confident your child will have the highest level of care and support. Our students have access to medical care and support through our experienced Matrons, and the UK’s health system, including the National Health Service, is world-famous.
In addition to this, we have been accredited as “Good to Go”, Visit England’s Industry Standard, confirming Oxford Scholastica Academy conforms fully to government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, ensuring processes are in place to maintain cleanliness, aid social/physical distancing and comply with self-isolation requirements.
We were one of the only UK summer schools to run in both summer 2020 and 2021, and so our staff team have significant experience managing a summer school environment in a COVID-safe way.
What COVID-secure measures do you have in place?
Having successfully run our summer 2020 and 2021 programmes, we have experience of running a COVID-safe environment. In order to keep students safe, in 2021 our measures included (but weren’t limited to):
- Single, en-suite bedrooms for all students in Oxford University bedrooms, so students get their own bathrooms (we have a limited number of twin rooms available on request)
- Small class sizes
- Free PPE (personal protective equipment) for students, including masks, antibacterial wipes and hand sanitisers
- Campus cleaning by trained Oxford University cleaners prior to arrival
- Regular cleaning
- Social distancing and mask wearing enforced by trained staff
- Ventilation of classroom spaces
Can I change or cancel my booking?
Yes – for summer school 2022 bookings made after 15th August 2021 we offer:
- Free cancellations up until 1st April 2022 – you will be refunded your deposit, as well as your balance if you have paid this, in full (please note, if you choose to pay your balance by credit card, the only thing we can’t refund is the credit card fees, but there is the option to pay by bank transfer to avoid card fees)
- Free deferrals to future years up until 1st May 2022
- Free postponements to another date in 2022 until 1st June 2022 (for example, if you are booked on our 3rd July 2022 session you are welcome to change this to the 31st July 2022 session. This depends on availability but we will always do our best to help)
- You can also move your booking to one of our online courses as long as you let us know by the 1st May 2022
There will be no charge to cancel, move or change your booking.
Will I share a bedroom?
Unlike many summer schools, all of our students will receive a single, ensuite room as a default, unless they request to share a room (we have a very limited number of twin rooms available on request). Our buildings only hold a small number of students and are separated from the rest of the campus.
If you have any questions about COVID-19, or any other issue, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we would be delighted to help.
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford’s #1 rated summer school and online programmes.