We safeguard children and young people by:
- Adopting child protection guidelines through a code of behaviour
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice
- Sharing information about concerns with the people and agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately
- Following carefully the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff and tutors (see further details below)
- Providing effective management for staff through supervision, support and training
We publish our Safeguarding Policy here. Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Lavinia Abell, our Co-Director, who can be contacted on 01865 522 166 (international number 0044 1865 2522 166) or by messaging her here.
As part of our safer recruitment procedures, we set out to:
- Safeguard and protect all children and young people by implementing robust safer recruitment practices
- Identify and reject applicants who are unsuitable to work with children and young people
- Respond to concerns about the suitability of applicants during the recruitment process
- Respond to concerns about the suitability of staff and tutors once they have begun their role, including through our Allegations Against Staff Policy
- Ensure all new staff and tutors participate in an induction which includes child protection
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice each year.