We safeguard children and young people by:
- Adopting child protection guidelines through a code of behaviour
- Sharing information about child protection and good practice
- Sharing information about concerns with the people and agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately
- Following carefully the procedures for recruitment and selection of staff and tutors (see further details below)
- Providing effective management for staff through supervision, support and training
We publish our Safeguarding Policy here and our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Lavinia Abell, our Deputy Director who can be contacted on 01865 522 166 (international number 0044 1865 2522 166) or by messaging her here.
As part of our safer recruitment procedures, we set out to:
- Safeguard and protect all children and young people by implementing robust safer recruitment practices
- Identify and reject applicants who are unsuitable to work with children and young people
- Respond to concerns about the suitability of applicants during the recruitment process
- Respond to concerns about the suitability of staff and tutors once they have begun their role, including through our Allegations Against Staff Policy
- Ensure all new staff and tutors participate in an induction which includes child protection
We are also committed to reviewing our policy and good practice each year.