Scholarships 2019 - Applications are now OPENAre you a pupil at a local Oxford, Wheatley or Kidlington state school? Our Scholarship Programme provides full non-residential scholarships. Find out more below. Deadline: 15th April (we recommend you reply as early as possible)
Are you eligible?
- Are you a pupil at school in Oxford, Wheatley or Kidlington at one of the following schools?
|Cheney School||Cherwell School|
|Matthew Arnold School||Oxford Academy|
|Oxford Spires Academy||St Gregory the Great|
|Wheatley Park School||Gosford Hill School|
- Are you between 15-18 years old?
- Were you part of the Free School Meals scheme at any time in the last 6 years? Or do you receive a school bursary? Or are you a Young Carer at the moment? Or do your parent/guardian(s) have no history of higher education?
- Are you motivated to want to explore a subject and discover a career this summer?
If so, read on for more information!
Explore a Subject and Discover a Career this Summer!
Do you want to take your studies to a higher level while experiencing the most memorable summer of your life?
At the Oxford Scholastica Academy, we want to inspire you to think about the opportunities that life could hold for you.
We offer a summer programme for pupils from the UK and around the world. At OSA, we invite you to explore a subject and discover a career, preparing you for your future.
You will experience study at a higher level with like-minded students in a close-knit international community and make friends for life.
- Explore your chosen subject with our inspirational tutors, helping you to decide if you would like to study this further
- Discover related careers through meeting our Heroes (young professionals who have studied your subject) and experiencing our practical Challenge (where you’ll build an app (Computer Science/Enterprise Academies), diagnose real patients (Young Doctors), experience a mock trial (Young Lawyers) etc.)
- Develop your skills through our Masterclasses (in areas such as debating, resilience, social impact etc)
- Meet like-minded people and make friends from around the world, getting to know people from 30+ different countries
- Build your confidence and develop your independent thinking
What does a day at the summer school look like?
In the evening, we will all go out for dinner at one of the many restaurants in the city centre. Following that, there will be cultural or fun evening activities such as quiz nights, treasure hunts, attending plays or an ice cream tasting. A typical day ends around 10pm.
We also have trips to Blenheim Palace and Windsor Castle.
*You can have breakfast at home if you want to, of course, or you can opt for the two breakfasts option and have a second breakfast at OSA!
Which courses does OSA offer?
Debate & Public Speaking
Summer 2019 Dates
|Two weeks||Sunday 30th June to Saturday 13th July 2019|
|Two weeks||Sunday 7th July to Saturday 20th July 2019|
|Two weeks||Sunday 14th July to Saturday 27th July 2019|
|Two weeks||Sunday 21st July to Saturday 3rd August 2019|
|Two weeks||Sunday 28th July to Saturday 10th August 2019|
|Two weeks||Sunday 4th August to Saturday 17th August 2019|
What does the scholarship include?
The scholarship covers all expenses you would have during the summer school, including:
- All course fees
- All meals (including lunch)
- All excursions
- Travel costs from and to your home each day
In other words, you won’t have to pay anything to attend Oxford Scholastica, and we’ll cover any travel or lunch costs you incur.
Accommodation is not included, so you will be one of our “non-residential” students.
How can I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply for the scholarship by filling in the application form below. As part of the application process, you will be asked to write a personal statement, and to submit the name of a teacher who could write a reference in support of your application. Please do ask your teacher if they would write such a reference and explain what the programme is about so that they can support you as best as possible.
Please also ask your parent or legal guardian to fill in the consent form at the end of the form.
If you have any questions, please contact Susanna.
The application deadline is the 15th April. We will let you know about the outcome soon afterwards.
Please indicate your availability in the form below and keep these times free as we won’t be able to reallocate you an interview slot.
If you can’t access the form below, please click here.