Scholarships 2019 - Applications are now OPENAre you a non-native English speaking pupil at a local Oxford, Wheatley or Kidlington state school? Are you looking to improve your English skills this summer?
Our Scholarship Programme provides full non-residential scholarships.
Deadline: Monday 24th June, 5pm (we recommend you reply as early as possible)
Are you eligible?
- Are you a pupil at school in Oxford, Wheatley or Kidlington at one of the following schools?
|Cheney School||Cherwell School|
|Matthew Arnold School||Oxford Academy|
|Oxford Spires Academy||St Gregory the Great|
|Wheatley Park School||Gosford Hill School|
- Are you between 12-18 years old?
- Is English not your first language? Are you at intermediate level now, but want to improve?
- Are you motivated to want to explore your future this summer?
If so, read on for more information!
Improve Your English & Explore Your Future This Summer!
Do you want to take your English to a higher level while experiencing the most memorable summer of your life? At the Oxford Scholastica Academy, we want to inspire you to think about the opportunities that life could hold for you. We offer a summer programme for pupils from the UK and around the world. At OSA, we invite you to explore a subject and discover a career, preparing you for your future. You will experience hands-on learning with like-minded students in a close-knit international community, and make friends for life.
We offer a number of scholarships for aspiring students from local Oxford secondary schools to join us this summer. You will:
- Improve your English with our inspirational tutors, helping you to succeed in school and your future career
- Discover your future options through meeting our Heroes (students who have been in your shoes) and experiencing our practical Challenge (where you’ll practise English in a real-life research Challenge)
- Develop your skills through our Workshops
- Meet like-minded people and make friends from around the world, getting to know people from 30+ different countries
- Build your confidence and develop your independent thinking
What does a day at the summer school look like?
You will come to our premises near the Oxford Castle Quarter to check in with your Head of House and meet your fellow students in the morning for breakfast*. After breakfast, you will have classes in small groups as well as a private study session, where you’ll get on with assignments set by your tutors. This will be followed by a lunch break which you can spend with your friends. After lunch, there will be workshops to put your learning into practice. In the evening, we will eat together as a group. Following that, there will be cultural or fun evening activities such as quiz nights, treasure hunts, attending plays or an ice cream tasting. A typical day ends around 10pm. We also have trips to Blenheim Palace and Windsor Castle. *You can have breakfast at home if you want to, of course, or you can opt for the two breakfasts option and have a second breakfast at OSA!
Which courses can I study on the Scholarship?
Our Scholarship is currently available for the Oxford English Summer Course. There are two classes, one for 12-14 year olds and one for 15-18 year olds. Both are offered on: Sun 21st July – Sat 3rd August
Oxford English Summer Course
What does the scholarship include?
The scholarship covers all expenses you would have during the summer school, including:
- All course fees
- All meals (including lunch)
- All excursions
- Travel costs from and to your home each day
How can I apply for the scholarship?
You can apply for the scholarship by filling in the application form below. As part of the application process, you will be asked to write a personal statement, and to submit the name of a teacher who could write a reference in support of your application. Please do ask your teacher if they would write such a reference and explain what the programme is about so that they can support you as best as possible.
Please also ask your parent or legal guardian to fill in the consent form at the end of the form.
If you have any questions, please contact Susanna.
The application deadline is Monday 24th June, 5pm. We will let you know about the outcome soon afterwards.
If you can’t access the form below, please click here.