Our courses combine Oxford-style teaching with practical challenges and debates. Small class sizes and expert tutors help you dive deep into your chosen subject area.
By joining our Experience International Relations, Politics and Leadership Academy, you’ll get to:
- Master key topics including theories of political change, the influence of global institutions like the UN and the rise of new world powers – all guided by your expert tutor from a leading university such as Oxford and Cambridge.
- Work in a team in our Model United Nations Challenge, where you’ll find yourself in the role of a diplomat in a simulation UN Security Council.
- Meet a successful young professional from a field related to your subject and learn how their leadership skills have been crucial to their success.
- Develop skills in high demand by universities and employers, such as public speaking, critical thinking and teamwork, via our Masterclasses.
- Build your global professional network by meeting students from all over the world and joining our alumni community.
- Attend our Graduation Ceremony at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, and get a Graduation Certificate and personalised Letter of Recommendation from your tutor.
What better way to learn about a career than to talk to someone who’s living it? Our Heroes programme invites you to meet a successful young professional who has built a career related to international relations, politics or leadership. Discover what steps they took to realise their potential, and how you can too. You’ll be able to:
- Learn more about what a day in their life looks like
- Understand more about the cutting edge aspects of the sector that they work in, and hear their top career tips
- Ask them your burning questions about their university experience and career path
Challenges are one of the most exciting parts of our programme! Halfway through our Experience International Relations, Politics and Leadership Academy, you’ll be given the chance to put your skills to the test during our Model United Nations Challenge. It’s certainly not the only practical activity you’ll do on your course – the course is full of opportunities to apply your skills – but for many of our students, it’s their highlight. Demonstrate your newly refined skills and knowledge as you feel the adrenaline rush of trying to get a favourable resolution for your country against the clock! You’ll get to:
- Put your critical thinking, communication and teamwork skills to the test.
- Work with the Experience Debate and Public Speaking Academy students in a simulation UN Security Council.
- Present and debate critical worldwide issues with other diplomats who have conflicting interests, and develop solutions that gain consensus despite an unexpected crisis situation.
During our Experience International Relations, Politics and Leadership programme, you’ll cover a range of challenging topics across nine classroom sessions.
Class 1: Theories of Leadership
What do Steve Jobs, Obama, and the Dalai Lama have in common? We’ll learn about different theories of leadership and debate what makes a good leader, looking at examples of leaders from different fields.
Class 2: Political Change
Why do people act in the cause of political change? We’ll look at examples of political change over time from around the world, and debate what we think makes political change most effective.
Class 3: Democracy
Are democracies the best type of political system? We’ll explore the key features of a democracy, and look at how democracy has developed in different historical contexts around the world.
Class 4: Politics and the Economy
What do you do in the face of global financial crises? We’ll discover the importance of economics in society, and explore the relationship between politics and the economy, using real examples of political decisions from different countries.
Class 5: International Relations
What core principles should guide international relations? In this class you’ll find out about international law, human rights and the causes of war, and the processes involved in international relations.
Class 6: Global Institutions
What are the roles of Global Institutions? We’ll discover what a whole range of important global institutions do, and explore their influence in International Relations (using real-life examples).
Class 7: New World Powers
What countries do we mean by “new world powers”? Grapple with the changing world of new powers, including the BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India, China) and the Middle East.
Class 8: Leadership Style
What’s my leadership style? We’ll work together to identify different styles of leadership. You’ll learn how to identify and hone your own leadership style, and the importance of working in teams.
Your final class is based on your tutor’s personal expertise in the field, focusing on cutting-edge research that they’re passionate about.
My two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were two of the best weeks of my life. It was an amazing experience and I made some great friends that I know I will stay in touch with for a very long time.
My son, Alexander, truly enjoyed his experience. He was academically and intellectually challenged while also making friends from around the world. We highly recommend this summer program.
Those two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about through this programme. Classes were very interesting and I loved how the tutor made the classes very interactive!
The Law course was challenging but extremely rewarding, as it assured me that it was the path I wanted to choose at university. The Oxford Scholastica community also leaves you with an excellent support network even after the summer school. Overall, the summer school was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone.
I absolutely loved my Oxford Scholastica experience! I definitely recommend it to anyone who either knows what they’re doing and want better preparation, or even students who have no idea who they want to be when they grow up! I was both at some point and Oxford Scholastica filled that gap for me. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!
I attended the Oxford Scholastica Academy in 2018. And I can genuinely say it was the best summer of my life. Not only were we exposed to different subjects and courses but also so many different cultures and people. I hope I can go back!
Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to the Oxford Scholastica Academy.
The friendships I made will last me a lifetime. Oxford Scholastica taught me many life lessons that I will keep with me until I die.
I’ve never done anything like this; Oxford Scholastica has exceeded my expectations and I am glad to have made valuable memories with it, which I will cherish forever!
Oxford Scholastica has had a profound impact on my skills as a debater and student and is an experience I’d recommend to anyone looking for an educational, engaging summer adventure.
For the second year in a row my daughter had an unforgettable summer break in the magical setting of Oxford! A fascinating course with an untold amount of fun things to do. Oxford Scholastica has undoubtedly been one of the best experiences my daughter has ever had.
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford's #1 rated summer school and online programmes.