Upcoming Conferences & Events
When: Saturday 8th May, 11am – 5pm BST
What’s it like to be accused of murder? If you were a barrister whose client was alleged to have committed the most serious of crimes, how would you construct your defence? And in the courtroom battle that ensues, how do we ensure that justice prevails?
If you’re thinking of applying for Law at university, are keen to explore what a fast-paced career in the courtroom could involve, or have an interest in studying a forensics-related degree like Psychology, then this is the event for you!
Join us for our Live Mock Murder Trial on Saturday 8 May to uncover the answers to these questions and many more.
At this immersive and exciting full-day event, you’ll have the chance to take part in a live mock murder trial alongside other ambitious students from across the globe. You’ll be able to:
- Get an insider’s take on the inner workings of a murder trial from an inspiring qualified criminal barrister
- Take part in numerous aspects of the trial itself – from giving your input on what you think the verdict should be, to being involved in sentencing
- Watch two brilliant young barristers in action during a live cross-examination, and ask them your burning questions about the trial
- Gain invaluable experience you can include in your university application and personal statement
- Puzzle through multiple aspects of the case alongside school students from all over the world
Before the trial, we’ll send you case materials to review to make sure you’re briefed on the key aspects of the case and your legal brain is warmed up. On the day, you’ll get to experience crucial aspects of a murder trial including:
- Opening arguments by the prosecuting barrister
- Examination and cross-examination of a witness
- A barrister’s closing speech
- Deliberation, verdict and sentencing
Due to the nature of this event, tickets are limited.
When: Saturday 29th May, 11am – 5pm BST
What makes an excellent doctor? When the presenting problem could be anything, what questions should you ask to establish the diagnosis? If you only have ten minutes with your patient, how do you build trust? And as the first port of call for everyone from babies to the elderly, how can you ensure you provide the best care?
If you’re interested in a career in healthcare, or are planning to apply to study Medicine, this interactive one-day event is for you.
Join us for our Live GP Surgery event on Saturday 29th May to uncover the answers to these questions and many more.
At this immersive and exciting full-day event, you’ll have the chance to meet with patients alongside other ambitious students from across the globe. You’ll be able to:
- Experience a day in the life of a GP (General Practitioner, or family doctor), meeting a variety of patients, making diagnoses and suggesting courses of treatment
- Learn how to take a patient’s medical history, and how to build rapport
- Develop your bedside manner, a key skill for medical school admissions
- Gain crucial experience you can include in your university application, personal statement and interviews
- Collaborate with students from around the world to analyse patients’ symptoms and work out the diagnosis
The day will be led by a brilliant clinical medical student, with input from expert clinicians. You’ll leave the event with:
- Practical experience of meeting patients and taking their histories
- Insider knowledge of what a day in the life of a practising doctor is really like
- The confidence and skills to succeed in your medical school applications and interviews
- A Certificate of Attendance
Due to the nature of this event, tickets are limited.
Spend the Weekend at a Virtual Conference or Event
Our Conferences & Events connect curious students from around the world with hand-picked subject matter experts. During the event, you’ll participate in talks, seminars and workshops about innovative topics in a subject you’re most passionate about.
After the event, parents are invited to a seminar where they can ask the experts about how best to prepare their child for future success in their chosen field.
Students typically attend live, allowing them to interact in real-time with our speakers by asking questions and taking part in the practical elements of the event. However, if you’re not able to join any of our live sessions, you’ll have access to all recordings afterwards, including the Parents’ Seminar.
Our Online Conferences & Events give students:
- Access to leading, inspirational figures in their chosen field
- Practical insights and hands-on experience of what studying their subject is like
- Exposure to new ideas on the cutting-edge of their field
- Insights into the university application process, including any relevant admissions tests
- Evidence of passion for a subject and initiative in pursuing interests beyond the school curriculum
- Knowledge of areas of their subject they may not have come across before
- Ideas for the types of careers to pursue after graduating from their chosen field
My two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were two of the best weeks of my life. It was an amazing experience and I made some great friends that I know I will stay in touch with for a very long time.
My son, Alexander, truly enjoyed his experience. He was academically and intellectually challenged while also making friends from around the world. We highly recommend this summer program.
Those two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about through this programme. Classes were very interesting and I loved how the tutor made the classes very interactive!
The Law course was challenging but extremely rewarding, as it assured me that it was the path I wanted to choose at university. The Oxford Scholastica community also leaves you with an excellent support network even after the summer school. Overall, the summer school was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone.
I absolutely loved my Oxford Scholastica experience! I definitely recommend it to anyone who either knows what they’re doing and want better preparation, or even students who have no idea who they want to be when they grow up! I was both at some point and Oxford Scholastica filled that gap for me. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!
I attended the Oxford Scholastica Academy in 2018. And I can genuinely say it was the best summer of my life. Not only were we exposed to different subjects and courses but also so many different cultures and people. I hope I can go back!
Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to the Oxford Scholastica Academy.
The friendships I made will last me a lifetime. Oxford Scholastica taught me many life lessons that I will keep with me until I die.
I’ve never done anything like this; Oxford Scholastica has exceeded my expectations and I am glad to have made valuable memories with it, which I will cherish forever!
Oxford Scholastica has had a profound impact on my skills as a debater and student and is an experience I’d recommend to anyone looking for an educational, engaging summer adventure.
For the second year in a row my daughter had an unforgettable summer break in the magical setting of Oxford! A fascinating course with an untold amount of fun things to do. Oxford Scholastica has undoubtedly been one of the best experiences my daughter has ever had.
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford's #1 rated summer school and online programmes.