Our courses combine Oxford-style teaching with practical challenges and debates. Small class sizes and expert tutors help you dive deep into your chosen subject area.
By taking our summer school law course, you’ll get to:
- Explore criminal law, human rights law, corporate law and international law, and learn more about these different fields through real-life cases and examples.
- Gain invaluable insights into what it takes to become a legal professional, and talk to a young lawyer about what it’s really like working in the field.
- Put your knowledge, skills and teamwork abilities to work in our exciting mock trial challenge in a real court.
- Develop skills in high demand by universities and employers, such as public speaking, critical thinking and teamwork, via our Masterclasses.
- Build your global professional network by meeting students from all over the world and joining our alumni community.
- Attend our Graduation Ceremony at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, and get a Graduation Certificate and personalised Letter of Recommendation from your tutor.
What better way to learn about a career than to talk to someone who’s living it? Our Heroes programme invites you to meet a successful young lawyer and:
- Learn more about what a day in their life looks like, including the types of cases they work on
- Take part in a practical activity related to their day-to-day work, like determining the most important pieces of evidence in a legal case
- Ask them questions about their law school experience and career path
Challenges are one of the most exciting parts of our program! Halfway through our summer law course, you’ll go to Oxford’s Crown Court and take part in a mock trial, building a case and attempting to persuade a jury of peers. You’ll get to:
- Demonstrate your reasoning skills and understanding of the legal system as you research and take on the role of a particular side in a legal case.
- Feel the energy of getting your case together before the start of the court session.
- Learn how to work with all members of a case, including lawyers, eye-witnesses and magistrates.
In our summer Experience Law programme, you’ll cover a range of challenging topics across nine classroom sessions.
Class 1: Discover the World of Law
Learn about the purpose of law, including the differences between public and private law.
Class 2: Explore the Legal System
Get to grips with the difference between (and the hierarchy of) criminal and civil courts.
Class 3: Understand Criminal Law
How do you defend someone you know is guilty? Reflect on some of the ethics involved in working as a criminal defendant and explore what it means to be “guilty beyond reasonable doubt.”
Class 4: Debate Human Rights
Explore whether human rights are universal and learn the role of international organisations, such as Amnesty International.
Class 5: Big Business and the Law
What happens if a contract is breached? Explore different areas of corporate law, and learn how businesses rely on contracts, property rights and intellectual property law.
Class 6: Analyse International Law
Find out how international bodies like the International Criminal Court resolve famous cases, and explore the role of the UN.
Class 7: Learn the History of Law
Go back in time and see how law has advanced from the ancient period (Egyptians and Babylonians) to eastern traditions (China, India, Islamic world) and the West.
Class 8: The Law in Practice and as a Career
Explore the paths that lawyers take (barristers and solicitors), as well as the role of judges, courts and parliaments.
Your final class is based on your tutor’s personal expertise in the field, focusing on cutting-edge research that they’re passionate about.
RadhiyyaDiscover Technology Academy, 2019
My two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were two of the best weeks of my life. It was an amazing experience and I made some great friends that I know I will stay in touch with for a very long time.
Abdul RahmanExperience Medicine Academy, 2019
My son, Alexander, truly enjoyed his experience. He was academically and intellectually challenged while also making friends from around the world. We highly recommend this summer program.
RichardParent, Oxford Scholastica Academy
Those two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about through this programme. Classes were very interesting and I loved how the tutor made the classes very interactive!
RaviExperience Law Academy, 2017
The Law course was challenging but extremely rewarding, as it assured me that it was the path I wanted to choose at university. The Oxford Scholastica community also leaves you with an excellent support network even after the summer school. Overall, the summer school was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone.
LinaExperience Law Academy, 2019
I absolutely loved my Oxford Scholastica experience! I definitely recommend it to anyone who either knows what they’re doing and want better preparation, or even students who have no idea who they want to be when they grow up! I was both at some point and Oxford Scholastica filled that gap for me. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!
SalmaOnline Law course, 2021
I attended the Oxford Scholastica Academy in 2018. And I can genuinely say it was the best summer of my life. Not only were we exposed to different subjects and courses but also so many different cultures and people. I hope I can go back!
PruthaDiscover Business Academy, 2018
Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to the Oxford Scholastica Academy.
MubasherParent, Oxford Scholastica Academy
The friendships I made will last me a lifetime. Oxford Scholastica taught me many life lessons that I will keep with me until I die.
DouwExperience Business & Enterprise Academy, 2017
I’ve never done anything like this; Oxford Scholastica has exceeded my expectations and I am glad to have made valuable memories with it, which I will cherish forever!
MariamExperience Business & Enterprise Academy, 2018
Oxford Scholastica has had a profound impact on my skills as a debater and student and is an experience I’d recommend to anyone looking for an educational, engaging summer adventure.
SophieExperience Debate & Public Speaking Academy, 2018
For the second year in a row my daughter had an unforgettable summer break in the magical setting of Oxford! A fascinating course with an untold amount of fun things to do. Oxford Scholastica has undoubtedly been one of the best experiences my daughter has ever had.
MariaParent, Oxford Scholastica Academy, 2020
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford's #1 rated summer school and online programmes.