Our courses combine Oxford-style teaching with practical challenges and debates. Small class sizes and expert tutors help you dive deep into your chosen subject area.
By joining our Experience Engineering Academy, you’ll get to:
- Learn key engineering concepts such as hydraulics, pneumatics and the maths behind engineering from expert tutors who’ve studied at leading universities such as Oxford and Cambridge.
- Meet a successful young engineering professional and learn their lessons of success.
- Put your creativity, technical knowledge and teamwork skills to the test in our Bridge Building Challenge – you’ll apply what you’ve learned in your classes and use your resourcefulness in this competition to design and build the best possible bridge.
- Develop skills in high demand by universities and employers, such as public speaking, critical thinking and teamwork, via our Masterclasses.
- Build your global professional network by meeting students from all over the world and joining our alumni community.
- Attend our Graduation Ceremony at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, and get a Graduation Certificate and personalised Letter of Recommendation from your tutor.
What better way to learn about a career than to talk to someone who’s living it? Our Heroes programme invites you to meet a successful young professional who has gone on to build a career related to engineering. You’ll be able to:
- Learn more about what a day in their life looks like
- Understand more about the cutting edge aspects of the sector that they work in, and hear their top career tips
- Ask them your burning questions about their university experience and career path
Challenges are one of the most exciting parts of our programme! Halfway through our Experience Engineering Academy, you’ll be given the chance to put your skills to the test during our Bridge Building Challenge. It’s certainly not the only practical activity you’ll do on your course – the course is full of opportunities to apply your skills – but for many of our students, it’s their highlight! You’ll get to:
- Apply what you’ve learned in your classes and use your resourcefulness, engineering knowledge and creativity to design and build the best possible bridge you can.
- Put your teamwork skills to the test!
- Demonstrate your understanding of engineering principles as you apply your theoretical understanding of engineering to a practical task. Will you be on the winning team?
During our Experience Engineering Academy, you’ll cover a range of challenging topics across nine classroom sessions.
Class 1: Discover Aerodynamics
Explore the principles of aerodynamics, focusing on the origins of lift and drag.
Class 2: Explore Electronics
Study the application of electricity and electromagnetism in making machines work.
Class 3: Pneumatic Systems
Explore the principles of pneumatic systems.
Class 4: Thermodynamic Cycles
Explore the role of thermodynamic cycles in engines.
Class 5: The Maths Behind Engineering
Understand the maths and mathematical skills which underpin engineering.
Class 6: Build an Engine
Design and build your own engine.
Class 7: Pin-jointed Structures
Consider the design of pin-jointed structures.
Class 8: Hydraulic Systems
Explore the principles of hydraulic systems.
Your final class is based on your tutor’s personal expertise in the field, focusing on cutting-edge research that they’re passionate about.
My two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were two of the best weeks of my life. It was an amazing experience and I made some great friends that I know I will stay in touch with for a very long time.
My son, Alexander, truly enjoyed his experience. He was academically and intellectually challenged while also making friends from around the world. We highly recommend this summer program.
Those two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about through this programme. Classes were very interesting and I loved how the tutor made the classes very interactive!
The Law course was challenging but extremely rewarding, as it assured me that it was the path I wanted to choose at university. The Oxford Scholastica community also leaves you with an excellent support network even after the summer school. Overall, the summer school was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone.
I absolutely loved my Oxford Scholastica experience! I definitely recommend it to anyone who either knows what they’re doing and want better preparation, or even students who have no idea who they want to be when they grow up! I was both at some point and Oxford Scholastica filled that gap for me. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!
I attended the Oxford Scholastica Academy in 2018. And I can genuinely say it was the best summer of my life. Not only were we exposed to different subjects and courses but also so many different cultures and people. I hope I can go back!
Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to the Oxford Scholastica Academy.
The friendships I made will last me a lifetime. Oxford Scholastica taught me many life lessons that I will keep with me until I die.
I’ve never done anything like this; Oxford Scholastica has exceeded my expectations and I am glad to have made valuable memories with it, which I will cherish forever!
Oxford Scholastica has had a profound impact on my skills as a debater and student and is an experience I’d recommend to anyone looking for an educational, engaging summer adventure.
For the second year in a row my daughter had an unforgettable summer break in the magical setting of Oxford! A fascinating course with an untold amount of fun things to do. Oxford Scholastica has undoubtedly been one of the best experiences my daughter has ever had.
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford's #1 rated summer school and online programmes.