Our courses combine Oxford-style teaching with practical challenges and debates. Small class sizes and expert tutors help you dive deep into your chosen subject area.
By joining our Experience Computer Science and Coding Academy, you’ll get to:
- Immerse yourself in practical, hands-on opportunities which will get you to grips with programming, web design, and the future of artificial intelligence. You’ll achieve this while getting the Oxford experience, learning from world-class tutors and making friends with students from around the world.
- Meet a successful young coding and computer science professional and learn their lessons of success.
- Put your creativity, technical knowledge and teamwork skills to the test in our App Challenge.
- Develop skills in high demand by universities and employers, such as public speaking, critical thinking and teamwork, via our Masterclasses.
- Build your global professional network by meeting students from all over the world and joining our alumni community.
- Attend our Graduation Ceremony at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, and get a Graduation Certificate and personalised Letter of Recommendation from your tutor.
What better way to learn about a career than to talk to someone who’s living it? Our Heroes programme invites you to meet a successful professional from the computer science and coding field and:
- Learn more about what a day in their life looks like
- Understand more about the cutting edge aspects of the sector that they work in, and hear their top career tips
- Ask them your burning questions about their university and career path
Challenges are one of the most exciting parts of our programme! Halfway through our Experience Computer Science and Coding course, you’ll take part in our fast-paced App Challenge. It’s certainly not the only practical activity you’ll do on your course – the course is full of opportunities to apply your skills – but for many of our students, it’s their highlight!
- Put all the theory you’ve learned into practice and apply your knowledge to a real life problem.
- Collaborate with the Experience Business and Enterprise students to come up with an idea for a mobile phone app – you’ll build a prototype, while they’ll conduct market research and come up with a brand and business plan.
- Pitch to our expert judging panel – will you be on the winning team?
On our Experience Computer Science and Coding course, you’ll cover a range of challenging topics across nine classroom sessions.
Class 1:Introduction to Computer Science
What do the ancient Babylonians, Da Vinci and Bill Gates have in common? We’ll explore the development of computing, from the abacus to mobile phone apps.
Class 2: The Basics of Python
What is python? In this class you’ll get to grips with one of the many programming languages: python. You’ll start to understand different structures of coding.
Class 4: Python as a Tool for Making Games
Class 5: Introduction to HTML
What are the building blocks of a website? You’ll discover how to use HTML to form the building blocks of a website.
Class 6: Introduction to CSS
How can you style a website? Looking at CSS, we’ll explore different ways of styling a website.
Class 7: Making Websites
Put your skills into action and complete a website coding task using HTML and CSS.
Class 8: The Future of Computing
Explore the debate surrounding Artificial Intelligence and the ethical considerations of the future of technology.
Your final class is based on your tutor’s personal expertise in the field, focusing on cutting-edge research that they’re passionate about.
The Law course was challenging but extremely rewarding, as it assured me that it was the path I wanted to choose at university. The Oxford Scholastica community also leaves you with an excellent support network even after the programme. Overall, it was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone.
My two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were two of the best weeks of my life. It was an amazing experience and I made some great friends that I know I will stay in touch with for a very long time.
My son, Alexander, truly enjoyed his experience. He was academically and intellectually challenged while also making friends from around the world. We highly recommend this programme.
Two of my children have now attended this course. It gave them the confidence to surge ahead in life with a purpose and confidence that is so essential. One of the best decisions I made for my children and their futures is to have sent them to the Oxford Scholastica Academy.
For the second year in a row my daughter had an unforgettable summer break in the magical setting of Oxford! A fascinating course with an untold amount of fun things to do. Oxford Scholastica has undoubtedly been one of the best experiences my daughter has ever had.
I attended the Oxford Scholastica Academy and I can genuinely say it was the best summer of my life. Not only were we exposed to different subjects and courses but also so many different cultures and people. I hope I can go back!
I absolutely loved my Oxford Scholastica experience! I definitely recommend it to anyone who either knows what they’re doing and want better preparation, or even students who have no idea who they want to be when they grow up! I was both at some point and Oxford Scholastica filled that gap for me. Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity!
Those two weeks at Oxford Scholastica were a really wonderful experience. I got the chance to explore what Law is really all about through this programme. Classes were very interesting and I loved how the tutor made the classes very interactive!
Reserve Your Spot
Ready for a life-changing educational experience? Apply in minutes and reserve a spot for Oxford's #1 rated summer school and online programmes.