Location: University of Oxford campus
Class size: Maximum 15 students
£6,995 £6,495 if booked by 31st Dec
Length: 2 weeks
Dates: 30th June-13th July, 14th-27th July, 28th July-10th August 2024
Receive: Graduation Certificate & Letter of Recommendation
Our courses combine tutorial-style teaching with practical challenges and debates. Small class sizes and expert tutors help you dive deep into your chosen subject area.
By joining our Experience Business and Enterprise Academy, you’ll:
- Experience first-hand what studying business is like, and what makes a successful business thrive.
- Increase your knowledge of key business concepts – from microeconomics to marketing – and gain much greater clarity about whether a future in business is the right path for you.
- Gain an insider’s view of entrepreneurship through our Hero sessions with a successful entrepreneur, and put your business skills to the test in our App Challenge.
- Develop skills in high demand with universities and employers, such as public speaking, critical thinking and teamwork, via our Masterclasses.
- Build your global professional network by meeting students from all over the world and joining our alumni community.
- Attend our Graduation Ceremony at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, and get a Graduation Certificate and personalised Letter of Recommendation from your tutor.
What better way to learn about a career than to talk to someone who’s living it? Our Heroes programme invites you to meet an inspiring professional from the business world and:
- Learn more about what a day in their life looks like
- Understand more about the cutting edge aspects of the sector that they work in, and hear their top career tips
- Ask them your burning questions about their business school experience and career path
Challenges are one of the most exciting parts of our programme! Halfway through our Experience Business & Enterprise course, you’ll take part in our fast-paced App Challenge. It’s certainly not the only practical activity you’ll do on your course – the course is full of opportunities to apply your skills – but for many of our students, it’s their highlight!
- Put all the theory you’ve learned into practice and apply your knowledge to a real life problem.
- Collaborate with the Experience Computer Science and Coding students to come up with an idea for a mobile phone app – they’ll build a prototype, while you’ll conduct market research and come up with a brand and business plan.
- Pitch to our expert judging panel – will you be on the winning team?
Hear from parents
Entrusting your child to a summer school can be a big decision.
Hear from parents about why they chose Oxford Scholastica, and how they found the experience.
If you'd like to find out more about how we'll look after your child please click below to arrange a call.
In our Experience Business & Enterprise Academy, you’ll cover a range of challenging topics across nine classroom sessions.
Class 1:Explore Entrepreneurship
Discover what makes entrepreneurs succeed (and fail) with examples from small start-ups to big corporations.
Class 2: What is Business?
Learn about all the different types of businesses – from sole traders to global franchises.
Class 3: Marketing & Social Media
How do you create a brand? We’ll explore key elements of what branding is and why it’s important, and look at how real businesses such as Coca-Cola and Facebook have built their brand.
Class 4: Explore Management Theory
Explore different management theories and learn how good management enhances successful business. You’ll take the Belbin Test to discover your own style.
Class 5: Economic Systems
Get to grips with different systems of economic thought from conventional market capitalism to alternatives.
Class 6: Explore Schools of Economic Thought
Learn about the contributions from the most renowned names including Adam Smith, John Maynard Keynes and Milton Friedman.
Class 7: Macroeconomics
Discover macroeconomics – the study of economics at a national level – and how governments use monetary and fiscal policy to influence their nation.
Class 8: Game Theory and Financial Markets
Learn about Game Theory and the world of high powered finance: equities, bonds and foreign exchange.
Your final class is based on your tutor’s personal expertise in the field, focusing on cutting-edge research that they’re passionate about.
Please note this course outline may be subject to change.