Location: University of Oxford campus
Class size: Maximum 15 students
Length: 2 weeks
Dates: 30th June-13th July, 14th-27th July, 28th July-10th August 2024
Receive: Graduation Certificate & Letter of Recommendation
Our courses combine university-style teaching with practical challenges and engaging debates. Small classes and expert tutors help you dive deep into the world of business.
In our Discover Business Academy, you will:
- Learn introductory business concepts such as the foundations of business, management and economics, guided by your expert tutor.
- Gain clarity on your future direction – we’ve helped thousands of students decide which subjects they’d like to study further.
- Polish skills that will set you up for future success at school and beyond, including public speaking, critical thinking, and teamwork in our Masterclasses.
- Make friends from around the world and join our global alumni community, building your network with other engaged, curious young people.
- Attend our Graduation Ceremony at Oxford University’s Saïd Business School, and get a Graduation Certificate and personal Letter of Recommendation from your tutor.
What better way to learn about a career than to talk to someone who’s living it? Our Heroes programme invites you to meet an inspiring professional from the business world and:
- Learn more about what a day in their life looks like
- Understand more about the cutting edge aspects of the sector that they work in, and hear their top career tips
- Ask them your burning questions about their business school experience and career path
Challenges are one of the most exciting parts of our programme! Halfway through our Discover Business course, you’ll take part in our fast-paced Rocket Challenge.
It’s certainly not the only practical activity you’ll do on your course – the programme is full of opportunities to apply your skills – but for many of our students, it’s definitely a highlight!
You’ll get to:
- Put all the theory you’ve learned into practice and apply your knowledge to a real life problem.
- Work with Discover Technology students (who will be building the rockets) to design and pitch a marketing campaign for a new line of rockets.
- Pitch to our expert judging panel – will you be on the winning team?
Hear from parents
Entrusting your child to a summer school can be a big decision.
Hear from parents about why they chose Oxford Scholastica, and how they found the experience.
If you'd like to find out more about how we'll look after your child please click below to arrange a call.
In our Discover Business Academy, you’ll cover a range of challenging topics across nine classroom sessions.
Class 1: An Introduction to Business
Explore different types of successful businesses through real-life examples. Learn key business terms and how to use them.
Class 2: Branding and Marketing
Learn how different brands apply branding and marketing. Then, put what you’ve learned into action and design your own advert.
Class 3: An Introduction to Economics
Understand the importance of economics in a global society.
Class 4: Explore Management
What makes a good manager? Explore management theories and understand how good business is underpinned by good management.
Class 5: Learn about Leadership
Learn about different styles of leadership and which styles work better. We’ll help you to develop your leadership skills.
Class 6: Big Business, Economics and the Law
Learn about the role of law in business – explore cases of corporate law in action.
Class 7: International Business
Discover how businesses can expand from a national company to a global corporation.
Class 8: Persuasive pitching
How do you most effectively communicate your business idea? Learn how to develop a persuasive argument and the art of public speaking.
Your final class is based on your tutor’s personal expertise in the field, focusing on the cutting-edge research that they’re passionate about.
Please note this course outline may be subject to change.