Trips and ActivitiesDuring your time with us you'll get to experience all the best culture and activities that Oxford has to offer, as well as our trips to London and Windsor Castle - and our famous Oxford Scholastica International Ball on a boat!
Fasten your seatbelts! You’ll be going on a flight in the London Eye, a giant ferris wheel which gives brilliant views over all of London.
We’ll be seeing the “alternative” side of London, touring around the fashionable East End and investigating London’s famous “street art” – while taking in the local history and culture.
We’ll be visiting the Globe Theatre, a reconstruction of Shakespeare’s original theatre. We’ll be watching one of his best-loved plays in a fantastic setting.
The London tour was very original – we really got to see a face of London we usually don’t seeSiméone de Fremond, France
WINDSOR CASTLE & ETON TRIP
You’ll have the chance to tour around the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world, and the Official Residence of Her Majesty The Queen. You’ll hear all about its rich history spanning almost 1,000 years.
River Thames Trip
We’ll be going on a river adventure, cruising down the River Thames where you’ll see fantastic views of Windsor Castle and the Berkshire countryside.
Founded in 1440 by King Henry VI, Eton College is one of the most famous schools in the world. We’ll be taking a tour around the school of Prince William, British Prime Minister David Cameron and fictional character James Bond!
Windsor and Eton was my perfect trip! It was perfectly organised, and Windsor Castle was absolutely stunning!Alicia Moesch, Switzerland
ActivitiesHere are some of the activities you can take part in.
Swinging Molly Ceilidh
- Learn how to dance in traditional Scottish Dancing ‘ceilidh’ fashion
- You’ll jig to Strip the Willow, the Dashing White Sergeant and the Virginia Reel
- Check out local band Swinging Molly’s tunes above
Oxford's Got Talent
On our penultimate evening of the summer school, you’ll get to experience the Oxford Scholastica talent show, Oxford’s Got Talent
- Watch your fellow students shine as they compete for the judges’ votes
- Show off your dance moves, acting talents, musical skills or whatever takes your fancy
- Who will win this year’s talent show?
Get your aprons messy in our introductory cupcake making classes, where you’ll get hands-on experience in how to decorate the perfect cupcake!
- Master how to use piping to create different effects on your cupcake
- Learn how to ice by hand and garnish with a range of toppings and flavourings
- Finally, sit back and enjoy the taste of your brand new creations!
Visit Oxford's Museums
Discover Oxford’s world-famous museums, including:
- The Ashmolean, the world’s first university museum which includes paintings by Picasso, drawings by da Vinci, antiquities from Egypt and much more
- The Pitt Rivers, Oxford’s most unique museum containing curiosities donated by Lt-General Pitt Rivers in the 19th c. – including Amazonian shrunken heads
- Modern Art Oxford, which has housed famous contemporary art including Tracey Emin’s works
Get to know Oxford in our unique scavenger hunt on your first day.
- Race against the clock to complete bizarre tasks in historic settings
- Who will win the phonebox selfie competition this year?
- Can you locate the largest number of Union Jacks in Oxford?
There is much to see in one of the world’s most historic cities, so let us show you round:
- Discover the ‘city of dreaming spires’, and see the architectural inspirations behind Harry Potter
- See the historic location where bishops Latimer, Ridley and Cranmer were burnt at the stake for heresy
- Explore the university colleges, and see where Prime Ministers, Olympians and Nobel Prize winners have been educated
Punting and dancing were my most memorable parts of the summer school, because they were very unusual and entertaining activities.Alexia Morgan Crutescu, Romania
OXFORD SCHOLASTICA INTERNATIONAL BALL
Balls are a great Oxford student tradition, and we’ll be holding the famous Oxford Scholastica International Ball on a historic boat on the River Thames!
Here is your invitation:
You are invited to the Oxford Scholastica International Ball. This is your chance to represent your nation’s cultural heritage on a jaunt down the River Thames.
Come prepared for an evening of global showcasing and fine company. Acceptable dress includes formal to smart casual dress, traditional national dress and any other costume that you can convince us is appropriate!
Remember to include something to identify the country (or countries) you are representing…